I’m a value and results-driven product design leader, and for 20 years I’ve helped teams ship friendly software that builds positive relationships between technology and people. My specialty is Enterprise/B2B.
I believe that everyone deserves to have an experience with technology that leaves them feeling empowered, productive, enriched, and delighted. I put real people at the center of all I do, with the goal of helping them reach their greatest potential in business and life via the products my team helps create.
I’ve helped organizations build and grow their design practices to support these goals and values in a way that’s scalable, flexible, feasible, and compassionate.
Director, Product Design
TurnTo Networks (New York, NY – Remote)
June 2018 – Present
- Leads our remote design team responsible for TurnTo’s full localized B2B product suite
- Worked on an organizational level to establish a participatory human-centered design process, focused on delivering measurable value to our clients and their shoppers. (See Case Study)
- Implemented a usability testing program, writes/conducts testing
- Created a set of analytics dashboards to help establish performance baselines, create realistic goals, and measure our success
- Writes and maintains design documentation (both internal & client-facing)
- Works with Product Management to prioritize roadmap candidates via qualitative and quantitative user data
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Established and implemented new processes focused on increasing collaboration, efficiency, and the growth of junior designers.
- Point contact for Autotask PSA Architecture – reduced waste in the UI framework and streamlined the Design to Development pipeline.
- Established our first unified design system, increasing the efficiency/scalability of the design team.
- Project lead on Autotask PSA mobile app.
- Designed and executed qualitative and quantitative research activities
- Delivered comprehensive designs & written functional specs.
Autotask Corporation (East Greenbush, NY – Partial Remote)
Dec. 2013 – Apr. 2016
- Contributed research & design to the Operational Dashboards feature, one of the most widely-adopted and successfully-utilized new features in Autotask PSA. (See Case Study)
- Consulted & coordinated with Marketing and Client Services staff on customer experience data and initiatives, using data to inform product UX design.
- Reduced production time and dependency on external firms by moving production of UI art in-house.
- Put tools into practice for streamlining design team asset management and increasing ease of collaboration among a distributed international team.
- Designed for a multilingual SaaS application, built using our own homegrown UI framework.
Freelance UI/UX Designer
Self-Employed (New Paltz, NY)
Jan. 2012 – Dec. 2013
Provided UX/UI design, visual art direction, and advisement on best practices to clients such as ZenCash (Dallas, TX), Energyhub (Brooklyn, NY), and Qwigie Games (Las Vegas, NV). Worked extensively with responsive/adaptive designs as well as adapting existing web apps to native apps for iOS.
Senior UI Designer
The Electric Sheep Company (New York, NY – Remote)
Jun. 2006 – Jan. 2012
- Provided direction and production art for the UI design of our virtual world and social gaming experiences, including MTV’s Emmy award winning “Virtual Laguna Beach”, Lifetime Network’s “Fashion Improv”, Ridemakerz, and StreamJam (a virtual live entertainment venue).
- Implemented usability testing practices into our product/project development cycles and trained PM on facilitating tests
- Worked with QA to incorporate heuristic evaluation into our agile process, helping us identify potentially troublesome areas early in the process
- Mentored interns and junior designers
5points.net (East Chatham, NY)
Nov. 2000 – Jun. 2006
- Delivered mockups and production art for custom websites and web-based software (e-commerce solutions, CMS, intranets, etc.).
- Acted as a user/accessibility advocate and SME to Business Development during scope discovery.
- Worked with clients on art direction and information architecture, helping them structure their content effectively for the web.
- Worked closely with developers to assist in front-end scripting.